Last updated July 20, 2022
The terms and conditions set out below (“Terms”) shall govern your (“You(r)” or “User(s)”) use of the application through which the game AltWorld is offered to You by MintIQ Technologies Private Limited (“Us” or “We”).
AltWorld comprises the game application, associated media, any application associated with AltWorld, printed materials, manuals or any online or electronic documentation, promotional and interactive features, including any copies of such applications or materials developed by Us (collectively referred to as “AltWorld” or the “Game”). References to AltWorld or the Game shall also include all rights, title, and interest, including intellectual property rights in and connected to AltWorld and any and all copies thereof (including but not limited to any derivative works, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogues, catchphrases, locations, concepts, artwork, graphics, animation, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, text, screen displays, methods of operation, moral rights, etc and any related documentation).
Please note that:
1. By using or accessing the AltWorld app, You confirm that you have read, acknowledged and accepted these Terms;
2. AltWorld shall be accessible only by individuals who have aged 18 years or above and residents of India;
3. We have the sole discretion to determine the terms applicable to You, which may be updated from time to time. It is at Our discretion to launch the game in different forms and formats and allow access to You subject to future KYC and other checks and balances that We may adopt from time to time at our discretion. Prior to, during the launch of the Game and thereafter, We will release the Code of Conduct, Community Guidelines and other detailed rules which You must agree and accept to, in order to play and access the Game. If You fail to comply with the revised Rules of Conduct after the last revision date, it is not Our responsibility to compensate any loss incurred due to lack of awareness.
4. You may be liable for distributing false information not officially announced by Us in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to other end users.
5. AltWorld is owned by Us and our licensors. We do not provide You with any interest in the Game. Except as expressly authorized by Us in writing, You may not create works based on AltWorld or modify, distribute, or transmit the Game. If You do not abide by the requirements of this section, we shall own all right, title, and interest in any works that You may have created, adapted, distributed, or transmitted via the Game, or, in the alternative, have an unlimited license thereto;
6. We do not make any promises regarding Your use of or access to the Game. AltWorld is provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind (including any implied warranty of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose), to the maximum extent permitted by law. Use of the Game is at Your sole risk;
7. The Company will not be responsible/ liable for any loss or damage caused to You in connection with Your usage of the Game;
8. These Terms shall be effective unless modified or terminated by Us in writing. We may choose to modify these Terms at any time at our sole discretion.
9. Your access to the Platform may be terminated (i) if You knowingly or unknowingly cause a direct or indirect breach, as ascertained by Us, of these Terms as a whole or in part; (ii) if We are required to do so by law (for example, where the access to and/or provision of the Platform to You becomes, unlawful); (iii) if the third-party, if any, with whom We offered the Platform or pre-registration and other services to You has terminated its relationship with Us or ceased to offer the related services to Us or to You; (iv) if the provision of Platform to You, is no longer commercially viable or feasible for Us; (v) if You are a repeat infringer of these Terms; or (vi) at our discretion with or without reason at any time, and with or without notice and may result in disabling Your access to the Platform and/or bar You from any future use of the Platform. However, certain obligations of Yours under these Terms shall continue to prevail even on such termination.
10. We will not intervene or engage in activities and disputes between and/or among end users in relation to the Game or Platform. We may restrict some or all of the game services if We determine, in our sole discretion, that such unusual or unintended situations hinder the enjoyment of the gameplay. If you or a group of users do anything that interferes with or adversely affects any services provided by Us, or that violates the Rules of Conduct, that you will agree to prior to playing the game, We shall, consistent with the terms, terminate the Agreement or restrict service usage.
11. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be amended only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect. When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that You and We have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst these Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation and shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
12. This Platform and its content are meant for entertainment purposes only, are based in a virtual, simulation environment and we do not intend to hurt the sentiments of any individual, community, sect or religion, etc. or promote violence of any kind. In this game, stories, names, characters and incidents are portrayed in a work of fiction and any resemblance to any person living or dead is unintended and purely coincidental. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.
Privacy, Information Collection and Processing
User account and password: The pre-registration services or certain other services might be provided via a third-party site by which you might access the Platform or sign up for access. You may be required to share your personal information with such third parties for the aforementioned purposes and we may have access to the same directly or indirectly. You may not impersonate a user or another person, try to find a password, other account information or other information from an individual, or collect or harvest email addresses or other info. You're responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of such data you share and are accountable for all activities which occur in connection with the same. If we receive any of Your personal information that is transmitted to Our internal servers, we will protect such information and have implemented commercially reasonable physical, managerial, operational and technical security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration and to preserve the security of the personal information in Our care.
Information we may collect:
(ii) Our web servers automatically collect limited information about Your computer’s connection to the Internet, including Your IP address and Traffic Data, when You visit Our Site. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send You data — such as the web pages You view.) Your IP address does not identify You personally. We use this information to deliver Our web pages to You upon request, tailor Our site to the interests of Our Users, measure traffic within Our site and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where Our visitors come.
(iii) Data you provide us to use the services: If You communicate with Us in any manner including by e-mail, telephonic conversation, letter, or the like, any information provided in such communication may be collected by Us. You understand that Our app may transmit Your personal information to Our internal servers. We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, managerial, operational and technical security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration and to preserve the security of the personal information in Our care.
How We use Your personal information:
Depending on the purpose, the basis for the processing of Your information may be in Our interest that is legitimate and with Your approval. Our interest could be to provide You with the services and optimize the user experience and Our products. We may share Your information accordingly, with Our affiliates or other trusted business or persons. We reserve the right to disclose personal information or any other information if required to do so by law, law enforcement bodies and courts, or if in good faith if We believe that it is necessary to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Ours, Our platform, or Our Users, respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties.
Although We have put in place security measures to maintain the privacy and integrity of Your Information, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. You should understand that there is no such thing as complete security, and We do not guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of Your personal information. If We become aware that Your personal information has been disclosed in a manner not in accordance with these Terms, We will use reasonable efforts to notify You of the nature and extent of such disclosure (to the extent We know that information) as soon as reasonably practicable and as permitted by applicable law.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms shall be governed by the Indian laws. All claims, and disputes, relating to and arising out of these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Bangalore, Karnataka. Any dispute between You and Us will be resolved by way of arbitration which will be conducted in Bangalore by a sole arbitrator appointed by Us.
If You have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Us at email@example.com